Paul Robeson Success Institute
Prepare for your transition to Rutgers University–New Brunswick with a three-day signature experience named to honor one of Rutgers' most distinguished alumni.
Find Your Success
The Paul Robeson Success Institute is a three-day high-impact experience open to first-generation, low-income, and/or historically underrepresented incoming and transfer students. Connect with peers, faculty, and staff to build support and become a successful student scholar. The institute is named after one of Rutgers' most distinguished alumni. Learn more about the life and legacy of Paul Robeson.
- Guaranteed early move-in
- Virtual and on-person programming
- Build a community of support with your peers
- Explore the Rutgers–New Brunswick campuses
- Participate in academic and life skills workshops
- Take part in a range of community building experiences with your peers
- Network with administrators, faculty, staff and current Rutgers students
- Get a jumpstart on understanding faculty and instructor expectations
- Identify various departments and resources for educational success
Paul Robeson Leadership Institute Student Testimonial
Students who meet the following criteria may be identified and recommended by Undergraduate Admissions:
- Admit Coming (AC) to Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Identify as a first-generation college student, meaning applicant’s residential parent/guardian has not completed a four-year bachelor’s degree in the U.S.
- Low-Income Indicator: Family annual gross income $75,000 or below based on information reported on the FAFSA
- Identify as a member of a historically underrepresented group in higher education
- Students who are transferring into Rutgers for the first time