Paul Robeson Success Institute
Prepare for your transition to Rutgers University–New Brunswick with a three-day signature experience named to honor one of Rutgers' most distinguished alumni.
Find Your Success
The Paul Robeson Success Institute is a three-day high-impact experience open to first-generation, low-income, and/or historically underrepresented incoming and transfer students. Connect with peers, faculty, and staff to build support and become a successful student scholar. The institute is named after one of Rutgers' most distinguished alumni. Learn more about the life and legacy of Paul Robeson.
Students who meet the following criteria may be identified and recommended by Undergraduate Admissions:
- Admit Coming (AC) to Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Identify as a first-generation college student, meaning applicant’s residential parent/guardian has not completed a four-year bachelor’s degree in the U.S.
- Low-Income Indicator: Family annual gross income $75,000 or below based on information reported on the FAFSA
- Identify as a member of a historically underrepresented group in higher education
- Students who are transferring into Rutgers for the first time
- Guaranteed early move-in
- Virtual and on-person programming
- Build a community of support with your peers
- Explore the Rutgers–New Brunswick campuses
- Participate in academic and life skills workshops
- Take part in a range of community building experiences with your peers
- Network with administrators, faculty, staff and current Rutgers students
- Get a jumpstart on understanding faculty and instructor expectations
- Identify various departments and resources for educational success