We offer a workshop on research-driven best practices to recruit for diversity and excellence across every stage in the faculty search process
Take advantage of opportunities to get involved, engage in conversation, and access professional development resources.
In a 12-month term, faculty can inform and support larger efforts to advance inclusive campus culture and serve as a key departmental resource.
In a relaxed environment, faculty can engage in conversation about themes raised in The Black Academic’s Guide to Winning Tenure—Without Losing Your Soul by Kerry Ann Rockquemore and Tracey Laszloffy.
Meet Our Equity Advisors
Leading diversity, equity, and inclusion activities and conversations in their area, Equity Advisors play an integral role in developing long-term diversity goals for their respective schools.
Rutgers University–New Brunswick has partnered with the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) as an institutional member to provide professional development resources and support to faculty.
The NCFDD is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. NCFDD is 100% dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. Members come from almost every discipline and represent a broad range of colleges and universities.
Programs and Resources
NCFDD offers the following programming and resources to assist faculty, postdocs, and graduate students in making successful transitions throughout their careers:
- Core Curriculum: Learn 10 key skills necessary to thrive in the Academy.
- Guest Expert Webinars: Attend live webinars focused on member-requested topics including wellness, the job market, and the "big questions" of purpose and passion.
- Faculty Success Program: Acquire the secrets to increasing your research productivity, getting control of your time, and living a full and healthy life beyond your campus
- Multi-Week Courses: Attend an intensive series guided by expert facilitators who tackle the Academy's most pressing challenges.
- Dissertation Success Curriculum: Gain the skills, strategies, and support that advanced graduate students need to overcome the three biggest obstacles to finishing their dissertation: perfectionism, procrastination, and isolation.